District Governor DON CASPER will share his vision and goals for our 2022-2023 Rotary year.
DON started his Rotary journey in April 2014 with the Rotary Club of Indio, CA. In his time there, he led the club as President in 2017-18, served as the Public Relations Chair for six years, as well as the Membership Chair for one year. Let’s show Governor DON our ROTARY CLUB OF REDLANDS SPIRIT!
LYNETTE shared her compelling story starting with marching as a Pathfinder in a parade with her Troup Leader father then 3 years later she ends up in White Memorial Hospital in Riverside with a splint/cast. LYNETTE spent 5 years receiving treatments in Singapore while polio first affected her nerves, then the muscles which pull and push causing the feet to turn inward and ultimately the tendons and muscles give up. With every case detected, there were 200 undetected.
We are delighted to have our own New Members KURT HEIDELBERG and DAVEBYERS share their stories with us. Often funny, inspiring, and motivational we always appreciate hearing about our fellow Rotarian members.
WHAT IS A NEW MEMBER CRAFT TALK TO ROTARY?
Rotarians share their life stories and experiences that have shaped their character. A craft talk may include a brief history of life and career, how and why they became a Rotarian, characteristics most needed for success in their business or profession, hobbies, and family life, and often include humorous stories.
• Goodnews, auction! Come ready to bid on some great wines on 9/29!
• Rotary meetings are once again HYBRID. While we really want to see your happy faces in person, we realize that for some it is very difficult, and we want everyone to attend Rotary! Please come in person if you are able, otherwise watch for the Zoom link in your email!
• October 24th is World Polio Day!
INTERESTING ROTARY FACTS
1. Rotary is an organization of business and professional persons united worldwide who provide humanitarian service, encourage high ethical standards in all vocations and help build goodwill and peace in the world.
2. Rotary is the Oldest and Largest Service Organization.
3. Worldwide, Rotary has 35,000 member clubs, with over 1.2 million members.
4. What is the husband or wife of a Rotarian called? While the name “Rotary Ann” has not gone completely out of favor, Spouses are more commonly known as “Rotary Spouses” or “Partners.” In 1987, women were admitted to Rotary, and today women are the fastest growing segment of Rotary’s membership.
5. What are the core values of Rotary? For more than 100 years, our guiding principles have been the foundation upon which our values and tradition stand. The Four-Way Test, Object of Rotary, and the Avenues of Service express our commitment to service, fellowship, diversity, integrity, and leadership.
6. What are the four pillars of Rotary?
It asks the following four questions: “Of the things we think, say or do:
a. Is it the TRUTH?
b. Is it FAIR to all concerned?
c. Will it build GOODWILL and BETTER FRIENDSHIPS?
d. Will it be BENEFICIAL to all concerned?”
Let’s welcome District Governor DON CASPER to our club this week! It’s time for us to brag a little bit about the awesome work we’re doing this year. We have fantastic teamwork happening, and there is more to come. Hopefully our DG will be impressed by what he sees with our clubs so far, and, to think our year is just beginning!
Editor – Jan Hudson – Edition No. 11, September 15, 2022